Here are 17 reasons I come up with for having four hypoglycemic reactions in less than 18 hours, in no particular order of importance or veracity:
- I didn’t eat enough carbs at dinner and took too much insulin to cover it.
- I didn’t drink enough juice for the first low blood sugar of the evening.
- I like rollercoasters.
- The banana after the second juice brought me up temporarily but not quite enough.
- Gymboree for toddlers is too much activity for me and my wonky blood sugars today.
- My CGM and my meter are messing with my head for fun.
- Delayed gastric emptying is back.
- Cleaning the house caused the third low blood sugar. Must stop doing that. Cleaning, I mean.
- I’m too sexy for euglycemia.
- My basal rates are off.
- My bolus rates are off.
- I like not wearing socks and thinking about that for long periods of time.
- Who wants to have a normal night or a normal morning?
- Site change worked too well.
- My beta cells showed up for work after thirty years.
- I ate cinnamon swirl toast for breakfast. The Internet is totally right about cinnamon. Cured.
- We had a nice walk last night and my body has a vendetta against nice walks.
You seventeenth guess.